[Tutor] [tutor] Calling python from a c program

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Sun Jan 20 16:16:49 CET 2008

"Varsha Purohit" <varsha.purohit at gmail.com> wrote

>   I just read about how to call python from a c program.

Where did you read it? There are several sources of info
on embedding Python in C, some better than others.

> And how can i call the python interpreter screen
> from c program ??

You don't call the python interpreter screen
(ie the >>> prompt) from C you call the interpreter itself.
The interactive interpreter is a C program in its own right.

You could write your own fairly easily or you could use
the PyShell GUI component that is part of the wxPython
package.

But usually you just want to interpret some Python
commands much as you did in your example.

HTH,

--
Alan Gauld
Author of the Learn to Program web site