[Tutor] [tutor] Calling python from a c program

Varsha Purohit varsha.purohit at gmail.com
Sun Jan 20 19:00:44 CET 2008

I am gettng following linking errors....

  [Linker error] undefined reference to `_imp__Py_Initialize'
  [Linker error] undefined reference to `PyRun_SampleString'
  [Linker error] undefined reference to `_imp__Py_Finalize'

I think i need to set the path to the linker... may be i need to pass
linking options of python to the c compiler... but wat are those options :(
??

On Jan 20, 2008 7:16 AM, Alan Gauld <alan.gauld at btinternet.com> wrote:

> "Varsha Purohit" <varsha.purohit at gmail.com> wrote
>
> >   I just read about how to call python from a c program.
>
> Where did you read it? There are several sources of info
> on embedding Python in C, some better than others.
>
> > And how can i call the python interpreter screen
> > from c program ??
>
> You don't call the python interpreter screen
> (ie the >>> prompt) from C you call the interpreter itself.
> The interactive interpreter is a C program in its own right.
>
> You could write your own fairly easily or you could use
> the PyShell GUI component that is part of the wxPython
> package.
>
> But usually you just want to interpret some Python
> commands much as you did in your example.
>
> HTH,
>
> --
> Alan Gauld
> Author of the Learn to Program web site