On Sun, 28 Feb 2021 at 10:28, Craig Rodrigues email@example.com wrote:
On behalf of Twisted Matrix Laboratories, I am honored to announce the release of Twisted 21.2.0!
There are two major announcements for this release:
- *Python 2.7 support has been dropped*. Twisted 21.2.0 supports Python
3.5.3 and higher only
- *This will be the last Twisted release to support Python 3.5*.
Twisted 21.2.0 brings the following:
- twist dns --pyzone now works on Python 3
- twisted.web.twcgi now works on Python 3
- all tests pass on all platforms on Python 3.8, including asyncio tests
- tests pass on Python 3.9 (thanks to Michał Górny)
- type hints, as specified in PEP 484, are now used in functions
throughout the codebase
- mypy (static type checker) is now run over the codebase during CI to
help detect problems, and help improve the use of types
- code in is now formatted with Black (thanks to Tom Most)
- many CI and automation improvements (thanks to Adi Roiban and Thomas
- many more fixes (225 tickets closed!)
You can install by running this command:
python -m pip install Twisted==21.2.0
The full tarball is available at: https://pypi.org/project/Twisted/21.2.0/#files
The full NEWS file with all changes is at: https://github.com/twisted/twisted/blob/twisted-21.2.0/NEWS.rst
Thanks Craig for managing this release.
Happy to finally see a brand new release.
Sad to see Py2.7 go... but this is life... all good things have an end :p
Looking forward to also removing Py3.5 :)