[python-advocacy] New python products supported?

Stephan Deibel sdeibel at wingware.com
Fri Aug 1 20:44:08 CEST 2008

Michael March wrote:
> As someone who has made it his 5 year mission of embedded Python into
> all corporate work I do, I can tell you Python has a LONG way to go
> before its reaches its potential in the IT world.  My experience is
> that most IT leadership either hasn't heard of Python or they
> immediately lump it in with Perl.

That's interesting.  I'm obviously looking at the long term trend from
the outside and from a place where more or less everyone _has_ heard
of Python.  Would it be fair to say that "haven't heard of it" is the
greater factor than not taking it seriously once it's heard of?  I'm
somewhat guessing but it sounds like you've been successful in getting
adopters.  5-10 years ago I certainly heard much more often that
management simply refused flat out to consider Python even _after_
something working has been implemented very quickly with it.  Or is
that still happening?

- Stephan