[AstroPy] numarray pdf 1.5 is broken. Using numdisplay, Python, PIL, and Tkinter

Phil Hodge hodge at stsci.edu
Mon Apr 6 09:53:22 EDT 2009

> I'm looking for a capability somewhat like that above for fits, and not
> ppm. show is pretty primitive, but the the idea is that I want this
> little program to display lena.fits.

ds9 is anything but primitive, and I would recommend that you try it
regardless of whatever else you use.  You can use matplotlib to display
a FITS image within a Python program, but you can also use numdisplay to
display with ds9.  Many people just use the "File" menu in ds9 and give
the name of the FITS file.

Phil