[AstroPy] POLL: vision for a common Astronomy package

Thomas Robitaille thomas.robitaille at gmail.com
Sat Jul 2 04:05:26 EDT 2011

Hi everyone,

For the record, here are the final results of the poll:

The initial vision for the common Astronomy package has been approved,
with 79 'yes' votes (91.9%) against 7 'no' votes (8.1%)

The name 'astropy' for the common Astronomy package has been approved,
with 89 'yes' votes (98.9%) against 1 'no' vote (1.1%)

As mentioned several times in this thread, the vision is an initial
version, and people should feel free to bring up suggestions for
changes or additions any time in the future. As Erik already
mentioned, we're preparing a draft of the initial areas of work and
coding guidelines which we'll put up for discussion very soon!

I would just like to add a note that it's great to see so many people
involved at this stage - thanks for voting!

Cheers,
Tom