[AstroPy] how to initialize Ureka?

gonghang.naoc ghang.naoc at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 23:06:57 EST 2014

Hi Grigoris,
Thank you.
I put my *ureka* into */usr* ,  so root privilege is needed. I deleted
ureka and reinstalled it just now, but only got the same result.

It is possible to have multiple copies of Ureka on your system.  To
distinguish them, you give each a name.  You can use this name later
with ur_setup to choose which copy of Ureka you want to use.

Here is a list of your existing Ureka installations:
    ureka

The name can only contain letters, digits, underline and dash.

Enter an installation name:
ureka

Ureka needs to add a few lines to your login scripts.  It can
check if they are already there and automatically add them if
needed.  Answer yes unless you know a particular reason to
answer no.

Automatically configure login scripts?  Enter yes or no [yes]: yes

Ureka is installed.  Log in a new terminal window and type the command

    ur_setup

or

    ur_setup common ureka

to select your Ureka environment.  'ur_setup -h' will show some help.

Installation complete

For more information about how to use Ureka, check out the online
documentation: http://ssb.stsci.edu/ureka/dev/docs/index.html
[root at localhost usr]#

I log in a new terminal, and

[gg at localhost local]$ ur_setup
bash: /home/gg/.ureka/ur_setup: No such file or directory

You never got  similar result before?

hang

On Mon, Dec 8, 2014 at 6:41 AM, Grigoris Maravelias <gr.maravelias at gmail.com