[AstroPy] Rotate an image and create new FITS header with updated astrometry

Peter Teuben teuben at astro.umd.edu
Tue Nov 15 11:02:39 EST 2016

Marcio
  I didn't know they didn't flux conserve. You should file a bug report.  They love those.

 I know the equivalent routine in miriad (regrid) does conserve flux, but it's normally used on radio data with a well described beam. Not that your data doesn't have those, but in a bind that's another way.

Alternatively you could use mRotate, and measure the flux in some large area, and rescale manually if need be.

peter