[AstroPy] Reminder: Python in Astronomy 2017 Deadline

Stuart Mumford stuart at cadair.com
Sat Nov 19 05:32:08 EST 2016

Hello all,

Applications for the Python in Astronomy 2017 conference
(http://openastronomy.org/pyastro/2017/) are open until *December 9th*,
2016. The conference will be held on 8th - 12th May 2017 at the Lorentz
Center in Leiden, the Netherlands. Please fill out this form
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfFvzolQvW5PJRbgIoPs73t4LgMIDNX2lX3RThzfmES3MtHdg/viewform?c=0&w=1>to
apply.

The Python in Astronomy conferences aim to bring together a wide variety
of people who currently use, develop or teach people about Python
packages in the context of all forms of Astronomy. Participant selection
will be made with the goal of growingthe Python in Astronomy community
and we particularly encourage requests to attend from junior astronomers
and people who are new to contributing to open source software. This
conference is neither intended to be an introduction to Python bootcamp
nor only for expert-level Python developers, but we do expect all
participants to have at least a basic familiarity with Python.

Please fill out the application and indicate the level of financial
support you will likely require in order to attend. Once the
participants have been selected, we’ll get back in touch with everyone
about their specific financial support requirements.

Stuart Mumford, SOC Chair

Matt Craig

Kelle Cruz

Daniela Huppenkothen