[AstroPy] planetary degrees helio-geo

s_stefanoni at libero.it s_stefanoni at libero.it
Sat Aug 26 07:15:53 EDT 2017

Hello Everybody,

i'm not true programmer and therefore I'm looking for a module that help me to calculate , in a simple way, the position of the planets and lunar node  in heliocentric and geocentric mode. Now I'm using external software and use the swiss ephemeris pdf.

ex from swiss pdf:

date 2017 08 24 venus on (6'28 gemini) helio therefore 66'28 on 360 dial, 27'24 cancer geocentric , therefore 117'24 on 360 dial

Can astropy calculate these? eventually , show a simple code.

Plus, there is a function that count the total movement of a single or the distance of two planets, in degrees between two dates?

ex: from 2007 07 14 to 2011 01 18, mars moved 618'43 geocentric (360+258'43).

thanks

Regards

Stefano