[BangPypers] Python BoF at foss.in

gnuyoga gnuyoga at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 17:26:56 CET 2007

Kiran Jonnalagadda wrote:
> On 19-Nov-07, at 6:45 PM, gnuyoga wrote:
>

>> i strongly feel we should have small get together quiet often ...
>> ....... @ BBC5 it was quiet a disaster .... very few from bang pyper
>> attended ... but at the same time lots of guys had query about python
>> .... they were eagerly waiting for some magic ;-)
>>

> That's true. It seems like with its growing public awareness, Barcamp
> is attracting a lot of newbies which tends to turn any discussion
> into a basic skill sharing event. These people do seem to enjoy it
> and learn a lot, but anyone seeking a more advanced discussion tends
> to come away disappointed.
>
> There has to be a way for these discussions to be organised around
> specific rather than general interests (wherein "Python" may be
> classified as a general interest whereas "the state of SoA
> implementations under Python" be considered suitably specific).

Lets c it this way .... any major events like BarCamp or FOSS.in there
should be 2 groups ....
1) python evangelists - help newbies solve the mental hurdle of start
using python.
2) python tech - which talks about specific feature / tools / ideas /
frameworks

more thoughts welcome !

- gyoga

--
http://picasaweb.google.com/gnuyoga

Each soul is potentially divine. The goal is to manifest the divine by controlling nature, internal or external. Do this by work or worship or psychic control or philosophy by one or more, or all of these and be free.