[BangPypers] Python 3.0

P Silpa psilpa at novell.com
Sat Aug 2 06:20:44 CEST 2008

Few win32 APIs did not work. Impersonation and few win32APIs works well on xp but not on vista and could not get them work in python 2.4, I have not tried the later versions they may probably work. I will deploy 3.0 beta and check that.

Silpa

>>> "P Silpa" <psilpa at novell.com> 8/1/2008 8:07 PM >>>
hi,

   I am new to this group. And I did not see any of the 3.0 releases(betas). Do we have vista full fledged vista support in python 3.0?? Most of the APIs in 2.4 do not work on Vista as expected. Where can I get the "WHATS NEW" information?

Thanks,
Silpa

>>> "Anand Balachandran Pillai" <abpillai at gmail.com> 8/1/2008 7:12 PM >>>
Guys,

  Python 3.0 is coming (2 betas done already) and though
the language is getting a lot of changes, some of them
breaking backward compatibility, it is a significant update
in terms of language changes, new modules, performance
and overall "look n feel" of the language.

I have been a lurker in the Python 3.0 mailing list and has
been a bit of a beta tester. I have been following the developments
and tries to keep myself updated of the significant changes in
the new version.

The purpose of this mail is to probe the pulse of the list in
terms of conducting meetings where we can discuss Python 3.0
about the time it is released (which is a couple of months down
the line). Though I don't expect most programmers to jump into
Python 3.0, as it breaks lot of compatibility with 2.x, I think
everyone will be coding on Python 3.0 in 2-3 years.

If this sounds like a good idea, we can go around planning the
discussions.

Thanks

--
-Anand