[BangPypers] Python 3.0

abhinav sarkar abhinav.sarkar at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 14:58:24 CEST 2008

Hi,
Anthony Baxter from Google/Python Software Foundation gave a
presentation during OSCON '08 about porting programs from python 2.x
to 3.0. The presentation is available as a PDF at
http://assets.en.oreilly.com/1/event/12/Porting%20to%20Python%203_0%20Paper.pdf

The presentation underlines the changes which are going to take place
in the language and how to port the current python code to py3k.

On Fri, Aug 1, 2008 at 7:12 PM, Anand Balachandran Pillai
<abpillai at gmail.com> wrote:

> Guys,
>
>  Python 3.0 is coming (2 betas done already) and though
> the language is getting a lot of changes, some of them
> breaking backward compatibility, it is a significant update
> in terms of language changes, new modules, performance
> and overall "look n feel" of the language.
>
> I have been a lurker in the Python 3.0 mailing list and has
> been a bit of a beta tester. I have been following the developments
> and tries to keep myself updated of the significant changes in
> the new version.
>
> The purpose of this mail is to probe the pulse of the list in
> terms of conducting meetings where we can discuss Python 3.0
> about the time it is released (which is a couple of months down
> the line). Though I don't expect most programmers to jump into
> Python 3.0, as it breaks lot of compatibility with 2.x, I think
> everyone will be coding on Python 3.0 in 2-3 years.
>
> If this sounds like a good idea, we can go around planning the
> discussions.
>
> Thanks
>
> --
> -Anand

Cheers,
--
Abhinav Sarkar

Mobile:+91-9731596137
Office: +91-8041371605

Web: http://claimid.com/abhin4v
Twitter: http://twitter.com/abhin4v
---------
The world is a book, those who do not travel read only one page.