[BangPypers] how to relclaim memory

Anand Balachandran Pillai abpillai at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 09:52:16 CEST 2008

On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 12:59 PM, Sibtey Mehdi <sibteym at infotechsw.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> My system is showing 900MB usage of memory, I have deleted some object (del
> pythonObj) but the memory is not returned to os, I have also tried
> gc.collect() and del (gc.garbage) but  still the system is showing 900MB
> usage.

"Watson, I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize
before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit
theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

Give me more data like the OS, Python version, any other applications running,
virtual memory (swap memory) size etc.

> Is there anyway to reclaim the memory?

Not enough data to go on :)

> Thanks,