[BangPypers] Reminder - DevCamp Bangalore 2 in two days

Darkseid lorddaemon at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 17:42:11 CEST 2009

Guys, a quick reminder - DevCamp Bangalore 2 happens on Saturday; do
register now at http://devcamp.in if you're planning to participate so
we can make appropriate arrangements.

At this point in time we have 330 registrations and 19 sessions.

These include sessions by at least 5 people who are core committers on
various open source projects, one internationally known speaker and
author, and two entrepreneurs; and this just among the people whose
background I'm familiar with, so I'm sure there are many more people
with very interesting backgrounds who will be present.

So do sign up, and please spread the word among all the hackers you know :)

Best,
Sidu.
http://blog.sidu.in

Original announcement from 17th March
===
We're happy to announce the second edition of DevCamp Bangalore, DevCamp
Bangalore 2 ( http://devcamp.in ); it's happening on Saturday, 11th
April 2009. Like any BarCamp, registration is at the wiki.

DevCamp is an un-conference by the hackers*, for the hackers and of the
hackers.
It's a species of BarCamp where anything a lover of computers and
technology would consider important or entertaining goes. The first
DevCamp ( http://www.devcamp.in/wiki/DevCamp_Bangalore_1 ) happened a
little over a year ago and was a lot of fun; we're hoping to keep that
trend going with DCB2.

If you're planning to do a session at DCB2, do keep in mind the fact
that everyone at DevCamp is a hacker, a pro. Please assume a high level
of exposure and knowledge on the part of your audience and tailor your
sessions to suit. Avoid 'Hello World' and how-to sessions which can be
trivially found on the net. First hand war stories, in-depth analyses of
topics and live demos are best.

Best,
Sidu.
http://blog.sidu.in