[BangPypers] Python at Schools

Yuvi Panda yuvipanda at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 08:31:13 CEST 2009

Anna University starts with C, then jumps to Bash (?!!?!) and then jumps
back to C and C++. I've no idea where it is going (I'm in my third sem, and
we're with a new curriculum), but I've seen glimpses of Flash(?!). 99% of my
friends gave up on programming a month into the course - C isn't exactly the
best first language, and Bash is just... curious.

On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 11:34 AM, Rajeev J Sebastian <
rajeev.sebastian at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 27, 2009 at 7:59 AM, Abhishek Mishra <ideamonk at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > It happens that at ICSE schools java/c++ is offered for almost last 4
> > years of schooling, while my CBSE experience was horrible, with no
> > programming in syllabus till class 11th. While way back in an ICSE
> > school, programming started at class 6 with GW-BASIC and that language
> > was fun.
>
> At Bharatiya Vidya Mandir school at Kochi, we started on BASIC in the
> 5th std. It was CBSE.
>
> Engineering First+Second Sem at CUSAT, it same thing BASIC .. after
> two years of C++ at school.
>
> Makes you wonder who the hell makes these things. So my opinion is,
> schools can and do change depending on how good the teachers/principal
> are. But whats really bad are the universities, where its not so easy.
>
> Regards
> Rajeev J Sebastian

Yuvi Panda T
http://yuvisense.net