[BangPypers] Bridging in ubuntu,

Kiran Jonnalagadda jace at pobox.com
Tue Nov 2 11:41:26 CET 2010

On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 3:17 PM, Anirudh Asokan <anirudh.asokan at gmail.com>wrote:

> The background -
> 1) I run Ubuntu linix (Karmic Koala)
> 2) I got bsnl internet, I use UTStarcom router (model no:WA3002G4)
> 3) I got apache2 installed. I got bridge-utils also installed

Most basic routers have an option to forward all connections from the WAN
side to a local IP. Yours will too. Advanced routers can forward selected
ports.

Be warned that your desktop may not be configured securely for exposure to
the Internet. If you use Samba to share files on the LAN, for instance, you
will find your shared folders regularly littered with virus droppings -- if
your files haven't been copied or deleted, that is.

Kiran