[BangPypers] waiting for Third Party Applications in python

Mandar Vaze / मंदार वझे mandarvaze at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 06:34:16 CET 2010

> 1. Can i call these DOS commands from python ? example please

You can execute third party commands using os.system() - Details and example
here : http://docs.python.org/tutorial/stdlib.html
But generally it is used for starting commands that execute and return some
value.

To read input/output/error pipes -
http://docs.python.org/library/subprocess.html

2. Is there a way, i can know that third pary application has thrown up a
> dialog box, so that i can wait in Python till that point and execute clean
> up commands
> like killing the application, renaming the document etc.

I'm not sure if there is a way to interact with GUI application

-Mandar