[BangPypers] When *not* to use Python

Noufal Ibrahim noufal at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 15:22:17 CEST 2010

On Wed, Oct 20 2010, Anand Balachandran Pillai wrote:

[...]

>  Maybe for "rough" n "dirty" use-once-and-throw parsers,

[...]

Exactly. My point is that there are good use cases for it as there are
for most languages and sticking to a langauge just because one has some
kind of emotional attachment to it seems to me to be unwise.

Also, I have seen perl parsers written by experienced perl hands that
are very readable, maintainable and tested so it's not *only* for rough
and dirty use-one-and-throw away code.

--
~noufal
http://nibrahim.net.in