[BangPypers] Industrial Control Systems in Python

Vishal vsapre80 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 07:47:35 CEST 2012

Hello,

There is a need in our company to prototype some control systems in Python.
These would be general industrial control systems.
After this prototype is made, I was wondering it there would be a way to
use the same code to actually do the control. Has anybody worked on this
kind of stuff here. Any suggestions?

Usually such controllers are implemented using PLCs (Programmable Logic
Controllers) and their proprietary programming languages (ST...which is
Basic like, Block diagrams, Ladders etc). I want to replace all that with a
PC running the control application coded in Python.
Any pointers towards Single Board Computers that can be used? etc

Thanks and best regards,
Vishal Sapre

---
"Life is 10% how you make it, and 90% how you take it"
"बहुजन हिताय, बहुजन सुखाय (Benefit for most people, Happiness for most
people.)"

---
Please DONT print this email, unless you really need to. Save Energy &
Paper. Save the Earth.