[BangPypers] https://github.com/pythonhacker/ladies.py

svaksha svaksha at gmail.com
Sat Sep 7 19:26:25 CEST 2013

On Sat, Sep 7, 2013 at 4:42 PM, Vinayak Hegde <vinayakh at gmail.com> wrote:
> On second thoughts maybe this was the objectionable part
>
> def get_purpose():
>     """ Return the purpose """
>     raise AmbiguousMissionError, "Mission unclear"
>
> Also the URL http://ladiespy.com does not resolve.

Ah, maybe you would like to follow up on your own suggestion and
submit a Bug report :) !?

> Also there are python programmers(gender-neutral term) on this list.
> Maybe if there are
> any issues with attitude, you are better off talking on this list and
> educating people

Umm... its not a woman's job to educate men (or anyone else for that
matter) on basic manners. And this isnt his first attempt at humor
either: https://mail.python.org/pipermail/bangpypers/2013-July/009125.html

If one has a public sense of humor, one should be prepared for being
called out publicly too. You cant expect to behave badly in public and
then be educated in private. #NotMyJob.

> than having a separate mailing list as it divides the community (which
> I assume was
> the intent of the author). Intent and tone do not travel well over the Internet.

They dont and if he had a problem with the group he could have raised
it on the PyLadies-BLR mailing list to which he is subscribed to. He
never did. Infact, IIRC, he joined the mailing list on 02Sept**, the
same day he commits to the ladies.py repo on Github.
** (Disclaimer: I'm one of the list admins and I cross-checked this now.)

svaksha ॥ स्वक्ष