[BangPypers] https://github.com/pythonhacker/ladies.py

Ramdas S ramdaz at gmail.com
Sun Sep 8 09:22:27 CEST 2013

I think this is getting out of hand. There were mistakes made

> intentional or otherwise and this caused a lot of ill will.
>
> I'm not particularly fond of witch hunts. I don't think they're very
> effective and the damage done to the larger organisation when one of
> these things happen is often irreparable.
>
> The issue was raised on the mailing list and apologies were sent. If
> they are insufficient, it would be best to seek recitification by direct
> conversation rather than discussing it on a mailing list.
>
> Anand, Svashka and Annapoornima have all done a lot of work for the
> Python community in India. More than the work done by some of the others
> participating in this thread. While they have their differences, I don't
> think an internet drama is going to help matters in *any* way.
>
> I'm particularly put off by random people on the mailing list demanding
> that Anand be warned by the PSF or suggesting disciplinary
> action. People can make complaints and if necessary, action can be
> taken.
>
> I'd recommend (but don't expect) that the thread should be closed right
> now and further talk about this should be done between the parties
> involved rather than here on the mailing list.
>
> +1

While I understand that some people are hurt, and they have a right to be
hurt, but everyone is making it look and sound personal.

Anand is someone who has contributed immensely as a programmer, and as an
evangelist to Python community.  His humour may be distasteful, misogynist
or whatever, but that are his personal views, and definitely not as IPSS
President or PSF member.

If someone needs an apology bigger than whatever he has offered, do call
him or mail him. Else please bury the hatchet and smoke peace pipes :)