[BangPypers] New experimental format

kracekumar ramaraju kracethekingmaker at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 04:26:13 EST 2017

Hi

 Each talk at BangPypers meetup is $5 minutes or 30 minutes or 15 minutes.
The terminology used is full-length talk and flash talks. In general,
meetup has a maximum of five talks on a tight day. The another format at
the meetup is workshops - hands-on session for half a day or full day.

The new format is the meetup with only flash talks. Each talk is 15 minutes
and 10 minutes presentation and 5 minutes Q&A. The talk will have strict
timing guidelines. We won't throw eggs at the speaker but hard stop. Each
meetup can contain 6 to 10 talks.

Why new format?

- Reduce talking barrier.
- Accommodate more speakers.
- Talk about a smallest possible topic.

I'd like to hear your thoughts and inputs. Feb meetup will follow new
proposed format [0]. If you're already excited to give a talk, leave a
comment on the meetup page with title and a small description.

[0]: https://www.meetup.com/BangPypers/events/236371821/
--

*Thanks & Regardskracekumar"Talk is cheap, show me the code" -- Linus
Torvaldshttp://kracekumar.com <http://kracekumar.com>*