[Baypiggies] Baypiggies website?

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Tue Nov 29 04:22:25 CET 2005

On 11/28/05, Aahz <aahz at pythoncraft.com> wrote:
> Not to pick on you, Guido, or anyone else, but we already making progress
> toward getting everything fixed, it's simply a matter of time and trying
> to keep things orderly.  Talking about it on-list will not speed things
> appreciably.

And that's much appreciated, as is Deirdre's support for so many
years. I fondly recall my first visit to a baypiggies meeting that she
hosted at a small cafe in SF. (Boy we've grown.)

But IMO it's better to be open about what's going on and who's doing
something about it than to confront with surprise mailing list
rehosting and a sudden disappearance of the website. I hope Deirdre
will (let someone?) replace her current message with something like
"Due to a change in the hosting situation the Baybpiggies site is
temporarily closed; please come back in a while."