[Baypiggies] IDE demos

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Mon Apr 17 02:51:58 CEST 2006

On Sun, Apr 16, 2006, Dennis Reinhardt wrote:

> In the IEEE Computer Society (pre-WWW), we had a paragraph on the speaker
> and a paragraph on the talk itself.  In Dennis Allison's excellent
> http://www.stanford.edu/class/ee380/ seminar series, speaker names,
> affiliations, and talk titles are listed in a clickable format linking to a
> speaker-provided description.  I suggest we move to the Stanford Model.
>
> As a meeting organizer, I would ask that you pull together a one-page
> summary using the Stanford seminar clickable links for each talk as a
> model.  I think the URL should be frozen with at least initial content
> ideally 2 weeks prior and certainly 1 week prior to the meeting.

Keep in mind (as the history makes clear) that we certainly have done
this.  While this is a good goal, I think it is more important to have a
good meeting pulled together at the last minute than it is to adhere to
policy in setting up meetings.

(Yes, I do recognize that in many ways having policy leads to better
meetings.  Nevertheless, my point stands: this is a volunteer group, and
as long as the mailing list exists to pull things together, I don't think
there should be an excessive emphasis on process, because there is a
tendency to beat on people when process isn't followed.)

"LL YR VWL R BLNG T S"