[Baypiggies] Is plone fo me?

Ken Seehart ken at seehart.com
Tue Sep 12 01:55:41 CEST 2006

Shannon -jj Behrens wrote:
> My opinion is *not biased.*  I have my own Web framework (Aquarium),
> but I also know Django, Zope, and Plone.  I agree that Plone is a good
> fit for your needs.  I used Plone to build my church's Web site
> <http://myallsaints.org>.  I agree with pretty much everything Steve
> said.  I do think you should take the time to read the book.
>
> Best Regards,
> -jj
Thanks for all your very helpful comments.  I've played with it a bit
more, and now I am sold.  I've got this ADD thing of wanting to see
"hello world" by the end of chapter one  :-) (as opposed to a starting
with a "finished" full-featured web site which I can then customize).
Following Steve's hint, (but perhaps not so much his advice), I found
main_template and made my own custom/main_template, thereby "butchering"
my plone, but quickly getting me where I wanted to be.  Since I could
/theoretically /replace main_template with a "hello world" page, I
somehow feel much better :-) .

- Ken Seehart