[Baypiggies] temporary help needed

Donna Snow donnamsnow at gmail.com
Sun Dec 2 22:37:31 CET 2007

Laurence,

Honestly, the rate I put out there.. is definitely low.. for the Bay
Area.. I filled the original request with a gentleman in a lower cost
area of the country. I guess my mistake was posting such a rate on a
bay area based user group. The programmer who signed on can pay his
rent with less than 15 hours of work with us.. Totally understandable,
if you live in as expensive area as ours (one of the MOST expensive
areas in the country) the expectation is that our "hourly rate" will
be more than sufficient to keep us going (pay our bills, buy us new
computer bits.. etc) and these days $50 an hour barely does it..
especially if you have spouse and kids...

If anyone was offended by the rate I posted..I'm sorry..it wasn't my
intention to hurt anyone's feelings. If I had my druthers you'd all be
making what you are worth an then some..

Laurence.. there are lots of good programming jobs out there that pay
more and are worth pursuing.. I was just looking for a little help
(and I got it) and it wasn't for everyone..

Best of luck with your nursing career.. I hear they get great benefits! :-)

Best Regards,
Donna M. Snow, Principal
C Squared Enterprises
illuminating your path to Open Source