[Baypiggies] Linked-In BayPIGgies group

Stephen McInerney spmcinerney at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 9 05:07:00 CET 2007

Glen,

Personally I agree; some will not be interested.
There is currently no such LinkedIn group.
I asked about this before and people got confused thinking I was
suggesting they would get signed up or spammed without their consent
- which of course I wasn't proposing.
Some people object to the privacy policies of LinkedIn, and that's their prerogative.
(FaceBook is worse.)

Best way to do this is to create the LinkedIn group, then mail the baypiggies
list to let people know it exists and to ask you if they want an invite.
> If I do create a group, how can we test for membership? (e.g. You > must have attended at least one meeting in Mountain View, or pay dues > (if we had any), or whatever).
There is no such test, there are no dues, there is no member roster.
You might like to only allow people who are either personally known to you
or registered on the Plone site http://baypiggies.net/new/plone/author/...
(I thought there used to be Plone directory of all registered members, but I can't see it now.)

Regards,
Stephen