[Baypiggies] Fwd: Request to mailing list Baypiggies rejected

Marilyn Davis marilyn at deliberate.com
Thu Jan 11 18:07:13 CET 2007

----- On Wednesday, January 10, 2007 whitaker at google.com wrote:
> This discussion needs to die a whimpering death right now anyway, since:
>
> 1.) The speaker has already indicated he won't be able to join us, and
> 2.) I've lost interest in helping now, for reasons I've already given.

#2 is exactly why this discussion needs to continue.  I too, several times, have thrown up my hands at the idea of helping because of unkind behavior here.  This 'feature' of the list is taking a big bite out of meetings.

But where else can a person go if she wants to celebrate in the church of Python?

How about we have a second python.org list: one specifically for organizing the meetings?  The rotating list-owner/slave would be someone who is interested in supporting the meetings and treats the people who volunteer like the valuable and important creatures they are.

I just requested info on how to start a python.org email list.

What should be the name?

If anyone has suggestions, I can set up a poll for us next week.  I'm away from my desk this week.

JJ, would you be willing to facilitate such a list if I set it up?  If, after a year or two, no one else volunteers to relieve you, I will.

Similarly, Jim Stockford and others involved in the details of arranging meetings, would you be willing to join a different list that is specifically for this purpose.

Then, this list can be the more general purpose discussion and announcement list.  And, heavy-handed moderation could be a good thing and we can be grateful that we have Aahz to do it.

Marilyn