[Baypiggies] Let's welcome the new year!

Marilyn Davis marilyn at deliberate.com
Fri Jan 26 03:15:37 CET 2007

----- On Thursday, January 25, 2007 aahz at pythoncraft.com wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 25, 2007, Shannon -jj Behrens wrote:
>>
>> baypiggies-jobs would contain:
>>   * Python job postings.  The requirements would be a bit looser.
>> That is, recruiters would be allowed.  Jobs outside the Bay Area would
>> be allowed if relocation expenses were included or if the work could
>> be done from the Bay Area.
>
> If you loosen the requirements, you'll need to make this a moderated
> mailing list or otherwise do something to keep the spam out.  Trust me,
> the tight lid on job ads for BayPIGgies had little to do with the volume,
> there have been too many other venues for job ads destroyed by idiots and
> vandals.

Right you are.  We are probably protected from almost all spam because only members can post.

Or, were we thinking that headhunters would join the jobs list to post?

I change my vote to:

0

And, on Jim's request, I hope everyone votes as I do:

+1

We ought to give him whatever he wants.  But I wonder if it makes sense to have our meeting coordinator be the moderator of that list -- but only if you want to, Jim.

Marilyn