[Baypiggies] November talk?

Alex Martelli aleax at google.com
Fri Oct 26 01:08:15 CEST 2007

Getting a bit too close to the Nov meeting for such a "breadth-first talk"
to be prepared, though.  Jim asked me a week ago to present essentially the
same talk I'd given at ACCU on Nov 8, and I said I was fine as long as I
could subset it (basically down to "callbacks, variations thereon and some
of their ecosystem") because the amount of material I had attempted to cover
at ACCU had proven far too much for 2 hours (and Baypiggies' talks are
shorter than that).  And even the full ACCU talk didn't touch on all the
issues you want (e.g., no Erlang -- and only a part of async I/O, no mention
of the gyrations you need on Windows to do _general_ async I/O there).

I'm quite happy to let Aahz talk instead (I can talk in Dec, Jan, or
whenever) if that's preferred, though I think my talk might be more
elementary (but also more generic/abstract/less task-oriented) than Aahz's.
Who decides? Shall we toss a coin?-)

Alex