[Baypiggies] hold a meeting at YouTube in San Bruno?

Ben Bangert ben at groovie.org
Thu Jun 26 21:52:38 CEST 2008

On Jun 24, 2008, at 4:03 PM, Alec Flett wrote:

> +1  for purely selfish reasons...
>
>  I live in berkeley, work in SF, and have a family. I've been to
> BayPiggies I think 3 times ever purely because of I'd spend more
> time travelling than at the meeting...
>
> For SF, and ESPECIALLY east bay folks, Google is really
> inaccessible. There's no easy way to get from the caltrain station
> to Google without a bike, and  travel by public transport is about 2
> hours to get to Berkeley/Oakland at night after the bullet caltrains
> have stopped running.

And for North Bay people. I haven't been to a BayPiggies meeting in
ages cause with $4.50 gas (even in a Prius), I can't justify a 90 mile
drive (each way), to get down to Google. I really fail to see why
there can't be a meet-up in SF on occasion, especially if it was near
the Embarcadero so ppl could take the ferry in and utilize mass
transit. SF is without a doubt the most centrally accessible location
in the Bay Area, with the best public transit routes in and out.

San Bruno is still a bit far but definitely getting closer to where I
can actually see myself going every so often.

Big +1 on a SF meeting.

Cheers,
Ben