[Baypiggies] Videos of May's meeting

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Wed Aug 12 15:09:10 CEST 2009

On Tue, Aug 11, 2009, Glen Jarvis wrote:

> Because editing the videos was so time intensive, I have hired a student
> who does this for $20/hour. I have a limited budget of $100 per video
> (that's $100 per month) to pay him for this editing. Now I have a fixed
> budget, I can better plan things, and automate things, and stay on task
> instead of trying to scramble between contracts/projects as I had been
> the past year and a half. This is well worth (and cheaper) than what I've
> been doing.

Note that the PSF would almost certainly be happy to reimburse you for
this expense.

"...string iteration isn't about treating strings as sequences of strings,
it's about treating strings as sequences of characters.  The fact that
characters are also strings is the reason we have problems, but characters
are strings for other good reasons."  --Aahz