[Baypiggies] My slides on virtualenv, pip, fabric

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Sun Mar 29 03:54:01 CEST 2009

On Sat, Mar 28, 2009, Simeon Franklin wrote:

> I also linked to the .rst source for the slides and mentioned the
> rst2s5 docutils tool I used to prepare the presentations. Nobody
> else seems to have used this - I haven't really done slide-style
> presentations before and did like the idea of spending a lot of time
> typing in Impress. If anybody has a better tip than Keynote for a
> presentation app I'd be glad to hear it...

What I use is PythonPoint (creates PDF presentation) with a homebrew
front-end so I don't have to write XML myself.  You can find the code at

http://pythoncraft.com/OSCON2002/index.html

While I should figure out how to use reST to create presentations, I
like the level of control my system gives me.

"At Resolver we've found it useful to short-circuit any doubt and just
refer to comments in code as 'lies'. :-)"
--Michael Foord paraphrases Christian Muirhead on python-dev, 2009-3-22