[Baypiggies] SF Meeting?

Steve Piercy - Web Site Builder Web at StevePiercy.com
Tue Oct 16 20:00:54 CEST 2012

On 10/16/12 at 10:16 AM, ben at groovie.org (Ben Bangert) pronounced:

>I suppose I wonder whats the difference or point of having
>BayPiggies in SF, or just organizing a new SF Python Meetup
>(I'm sure Grace would be happy to hand that off, or just show
>up if someone else did the organizing).

I would be very interested in a Pylons Project meetup wherever,
and I'd come up from Santa Cruz.  I think it is good to maintain
diverse special interest Python groups--Django, Pylons Project,
testing, data analysis--as well as general interest Python
groups.  Each serves a valuable purpose.

Another general interest group is PyLadiesSF, founded earlier
this year.  It's very active with meetups up and down the
Peninsula and in the South Bay.
http://www.meetup.com/PyLadiesSF/

There is also support from the Python Foundation for user groups.

--steve

-- --
Steve Piercy               Web Site Builder
Soquel, CA
<web at StevePiercy.com>                  <http://www.StevePiercy.com/>