[Baypiggies] Future ideas: A salty ansible

Venkatraman S venkat83 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 24 06:28:47 CEST 2013

On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 8:20 AM, Glen Jarvis <glen at glenjarvis.com> wrote:

> > A quick Q here: how easy/tough is it to provision such a stack using
> OpsWorks?
>
> From an already configured OpsWorks setup (Ruby and unicorn or PHP) --
> dead easy!
>
> A python | Django | gunicorn | nginx -- harder since those aren't pre
> built recipes in AWS and you have to write your own (or find someone who
> did). And, recipes are in ruby .. I've been struggling to make the above
> stack with custom OpsWorks recipes ...

I expected so. Anywayz, i am working on a complete stack tutorial on a
stack like : ubuntu+django+nginx+uwsgi with a good amount of security and
monitoring thrown in. This would be non-AWS specific writeup. It was quite
interesting when i started searching around a bitas I did not find anything
that is comprehensive online on this subject.

Venkat
@venkasub