[Borgbackup] Backup MySQL in Borg

Tomasz Melcer liori at exroot.org
Wed Dec 12 02:42:51 EST 2018

On 12.12.2018 08:28, Catscrash wrote:
>           o There must be enough space to store the complete dump
>             uncompressed, this can be an issue with databases in the
>             region of 600gb+, it's not possible to keep that much space
>             on all the systems

I'm not using borg to back up databases, so I can't recommend any of
these options, but at least this point is manageable: you can pipe the
output of `mysqldump` into borg without storing the temporary file
anywhere by giving `-` as the path to store.

mysqldump … | borg create /your/repository::mysqldump-backup -

--
Tomasz Melcer