[Borgbackup] Problems after borg client upgrade

Thomas Waldmann tw at waldmann-edv.de
Wed Feb 28 11:18:41 EST 2024

> So from what I've read here and elsewhere, it seems the 1.2.7 client
 > chokes for some operations on renamed archives from some old-version
 > repos,
 > at least for repo v0.29, but whatever (client or server) handles
 > renaming in 1.2.7 doesn't induce the same issue(s) when renaming
 > repos itself.

It's not the repo version, it is a buggy borg client version (up to and
including 1.2.4, IIRC) not having TAM-authenticated these archives
correctly at rename time.

That (and some other stuff, see top of the changelog) is fixed in 1.2.7.

These slightly inconvenient changes were needed to fix that CVE.

--

GPG Fingerprint: 6D5B EF9A DD20 7580 5747  B70F 9F88 FB52 FAF7 B393
Encrypted E-Mail is preferred / Verschluesselte E-Mail wird bevorzugt.