[Catalog-sig] Re: [Distutils] RFC: PEP 243: Module Repository Upload Mechanism

Sean Reifschneider jafo@tummy.com
Sat, 24 Mar 2001 02:13:21 -0700

On Wed, Mar 21, 2001 at 11:36:46AM +0100, M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
>...at least for Windows this is mandatory. You get nasty error
>messages otherwise.

It's gonna be required on most platforms for at least some of the
distributions.

>I'd say go with PGP -- it is far more available and known than
>GPG... after all the intent of a signature is for the people
>who download the code to check it and if they don't know what
>GPG is, then it is of no practical use for them (hard to tell,
>if it's of practical use for them at all ;-).

I'm thinking of specifying OpenPGP as the standard and leave the
implementation outta it.

>Can't we just specify: use HTTP POST with multipart/form-data encoding
>and then redirect to the RFC (can't remember the number) or Netscape
>description of the form upload proposal ?!

RFC 2388 is what I'll change it to.

>You may want to take a look at platform.py available from my
>Python Pages for ways to "define" a platform information string.

Most excellent.  I don't think we want it to include kernel information
though...

Sean
--
 Got Source?