[Catalog-sig] initial use of PyPI
Fri, 3 Jan 2003 18:32:39 -0500
Here's some notes on my first use of the catalog. Overall I thought it
was pretty good. Easy to use (bugs notwithstanding :-) Most of the bugs
seem like they should be easy to fix.
* When I logout of the web page, user/password is requested again.
* When doing admin, the user names should be sorted in some way.
* Should a user be allowed to be both an owner and maintainer?
(I don't know the distinction, so it could make sense.)
* Platform is unknown, how does one set it? What are the possible values?
* If you remove a role for a user which doesn't have the role,
you get a successful 'Role Removed OK'
(You asked to try to break it, right? :-) Good. Because:
* I was the owner (neal) for PyChecker. I removed myself as the owner,
which meant there was no owner. I clicked admin, which sent me
into an infinite loop of requesting login. Edit behaved better,
I got an error message.
So now I can't do anything more to test PyChecker. Could someone
restore me as owner or delete the package?
* I went to update my user information. I pressed ok without
entering a password and I couldn't log in again. The password
wasn't the old password or blank. At least I couldn't use either
* After changing my user information, I had to re-login.