[Catalog-sig] How to create a NLP system in python

A.T. inaleagueofmyown at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 27 08:10:44 EST 2003

Hello,

My first time on this site and using python. I am trying to write a program with a GUI, that takes a simple sentence, translates it into an SQL query and returns a response to the user.

I am told I need a parser and some meaning representation language. As I said I am new to python, and I don't know where to begin. I would be greateful for some very simple GUI code to practice with, before attempting language interpretation.

Grateful for any help out there,

Thanks for your time.

A.T.