[Catalog-sig] Re: [chiPy] Meeting followup- CPAN for Python?

A.M. Kuchling amk at amk.ca
Wed Dec 15 21:26:51 CET 2004

On Wed, Dec 15, 2004 at 02:04:31PM -0600, Ian Bicking wrote:
> Like multiple released branches, or historical releases?

Either/both, I think; releases have revision #/name/date, so you could
have stable and unstable, or just a record of every version released.

> Is an RDF parser very complicated?  It's mostly just XML with namespaces
> isn't it?  Do the standard library's XML parsers handle namespaces well?

Usually RDF parsers end up providing some sort of graph API as well.
It may not matter much if we only generate DOAP in the stdlib and
never need to read it; minidom or even 'print >>' can do the job well
enough.

--amk