[Catalog-sig] Zope framework category

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Fri Jul 28 20:36:57 CEST 2006

On Jul 24, 2006, at 7:47 PM, Ian Bicking wrote:

> I'd like a Zope framework category, especially since Zope is
> starting to
>   consume typical distutils packages so they are showing up in the
> Cheese Shop.  But I'm not sure if there should separate Zope 2 and
> Zope
> 3 sections or not, or... I'm not sure.  Does anyone here have
> opinions?
>   With Zope Five the 2/3 distinction becomes fuzzy.

I think a Zope 2 framework category makes sense.

Zope 3 is a collection of much smaller and independent frameworks.
Each should be handled separately as the need arises.

I suppose that as people upload distributions that are meant to plug
into some framework, they should request that the framework be
registered.

Jim

CTO 				(540) 361-1714			http://www.python.org