[Catalog-sig] Changing cheeseshop.python.org to pypi.python.org

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Tue Jul 24 22:21:29 CEST 2007

At 09:55 PM 7/24/2007 +0200, Martin v. Löwis wrote:
>After some discussion, it seems that nobody really likes
>the name "cheeseshop" for the Python Package Index,
>and some people seem to actively hate it.

I was under the impression that that's also the case for the name
"PyPI", which was changed because of difficulty of disambiguating
from "PyPy" in conversation.

Cheeseshop is at least a word that is obviously a noun, and it is in
somewhat more common use, with 224000 google hits for "cheeseshop
python -monty", versus 199,000 for "pypi python -monty".