[Catalog-sig] High-availability for PyPI, mirroring infrastructures?

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Tue Aug 12 13:59:23 CEST 2008

On Aug 12, 2008, at 4:41 AM, Tarek Ziade wrote:
> Since mirrors for PyPI and alternative egg servers are being , what
> about making the "index" variable in
> zc.buildout accept multiple values, like what find-links does ?

Buildout uses and tries hard to be compatible with setuptools. In
particular, it relies on the setuptools.package_index.PackageIndex
class, which only allows a single index to be provided.  If we want to
allow multiple indexes to be used, then support should be added to
setuptools and easy_install first.

Jim

--
Jim Fulton