[Catalog-sig] PyPI replication project

Andreas Jung lists at zopyx.com
Thu Oct 9 20:53:30 CEST 2008

Am 09.10.2008 14:32 Uhr, Martin v. Löwis schrieb:
>> In phase 1 of the project (upcoming soon) we will provide a number of
>> independent machines (up to five servers) with a full copy of all
>> packages hosted directly on PyPI.
>
> Did you consider offering to host and manage PyPI *instead* of creating
> this mirror?

What is the background for this question? Right now we have the problem
that we must have the eggs and source code archive available for doing
buildout - we don't depend on the metadata and the PyPI software itself.
Are you asking because your server setup is too limited or needs further
resource concerning reliability and availability?

Andreas