[Catalog-sig] PyPI down again...

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Fri Jun 11 12:50:46 CEST 2010

M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
> Chris Withers wrote:
>> ...would be good to know what brought it down before and what has
>> brought it down again.
>
> It works for me.

Yes, I guess someone went in and did something.
Given that the topic in #python says its down and a couple of those
"down for me or everyone" websites all confirmed it when I was having
problems...

>> As an interim solution, what do I need to do to get access to the box
>> running PyPI so I can get in and investigate/restart Apache?
>
> Since PyPI is a rather essential Python resource, is there some
> monitoring in place to automatically notify the webmasters ?

Good question...

> Something like e.g. a Zenoss instance checking whether PyPI is
> pingable.

Hmm, not enough. I suspect the box would have been pingable, it's just
the web app that is getting wedged...

Chris