[Catalog-sig] [Proposal] Registered packages must provide the source code distribution on PyPI

Mark Ramm mark at geek.net
Thu Jun 17 16:15:06 CEST 2010

This would also impact projects like turbogears (perhaps we're the
only one, I don't know) that point to our own pypi compatable index
with the download URL.   We do this because then we can fix things
like packages with no windows eggs, packages that are broken on PyPi
or whatever.   And to help control which versions of which packages
get installed by settuptools/distribute when you easy_install tg.

I'm fine with putting sdists up on pypi, but still want people to be
downloading files from our controlled index by default where possible.

--Mark Ramm