[Catalog-sig] [Proposal] Registered packages must provide the source code distribution on PyPI

Mark Ramm mark at geek.net
Thu Jun 17 19:56:37 CEST 2010

> How do you ensure the availability of the index and the packages at
> any time?

By keeping our server up, and not depending on pypi.   If our server
goes down, packages will become unavailable, but if you want a mirror
for a particular revision of tg and all it's dependencies you can just
grab a copy of

http://www.turbogears.org/2.0/downloads/2.0.3/ and host it on your own
servers at your company.

You can always use the -i
http://www.turbogears.org/2.0/downloads/2.0.3/  command to skip past
pypi completely and just use our (or if you made your own copy, your
very own) index.

We use http://pypi.python.org/pypi/basketweaver/ to make the index
once we've got a pile of eggs and tarballs in a local directory. Which
anybody with enough time can do.

--Mark Ramm