[Catalog-sig] ANN: PyPM Index

Sridhar Ratnakumar sridharr at activestate.com
Thu Nov 11 03:32:27 CET 2010

On 11/10/2010 6:11 PM, Noah Kantrowitz wrote:
> [...]

Could you point me to the specific mailing thread where it was discussed
that commercial services must be disallowed from mirroring PyPI's data -
specifically hosted source distributions and metadata as exposed by its
XMLRPC interface?

It is probably worth mentioning here that we have been maintaining a
copy of PyPI's data, updated incrementally each day, for about a year
now. Martin v. Löwis, a PyPI admin, has been aware of this too -- I
haven't received any notice telling ActiveState to stop mirroring PyPI's
data.

-srid